Just before I found out I was allergic to metals I decided I wanted to start wearing earrings again… now I just have this wishlist of cute earrings I can’t wear. It’s so sad that I can’t wear any of these so instead I’m just gonna share them with y’all and hope you can enjoy them instead.
I’m a little enamoured with this series of painting by Jeremy Jones…
There is something incredibly captivating about the spaces they paint. The not quiet vacant or only just vacated atmosphere has me creating entire stories about the persons who’ve walked through these doors.
I’m sure they’re a sort of ink blot test, what you imagine about this series of paintings says more about you than the paintings or the artist.
How cute is this geometric jewellery by Mustard & Mint? Ok… ok… it’s teething jewellery… like for babies… but since discovering I’m very allergic to metals my jewellery options have been severely limited!
Really though I doubt anyone would clock that these are essentially highly stylish teething rings. Pretty sure I’m going to be ordering one from their ETSY SHOP and working it into a look. Stay tuned.
So we’re having a bit of a heat wave here in London so fashion become a bit of a struggle. Making sure an outfit is practical and comfortable while staying stylish is tough.
I spent the day running errand and volunteering at my local PDSA so I wanted something super simple so I went with a vintage tee and pyjama style bottoms! Can’t be more comfortable than the clothes you’d normally sleep in!
If you’re struggling trying to be comfortable and chic at the same time my hack is get dressed with only comfort in mind and then spend a little time with accessorising and makeup. I’ve only started to take accessories seriously, it’s hard but it’s worth it for sure! Took a page from style icon Rihanna, and did a white liner look, and paired it with a black lip to make it even more edgy. A little makeup and a pair of earring can take an outfit from slouchy to sleek with minimal effort.
Before I’ll get into the details of the outfit I want to say two things;
- the #metoo movement has come for Quentin Tarantino and thrown on spotlight on his bullshit; sauce sauce sauce. He’s appologised for some of this fuckery but that doesn’t mean it doesn’t happen.
- while I was on the high street, I had one of those terrible fundraisers approach me with ‘Great shirt!’ so I made eye contact and said ‘Sorry, I haven’t got time but good luck today.’ to which HE replied questioningly ‘Have you seen the film?’ and that kind of made me snap a little because the inherent misogyny(femme ppl don’t like action films) in that question. I turned on my heels, looked him dead in the eyes and said ‘Is a quarter pounder called a Royal with Cheese in France?’ and his eye kind of bugged out a bit as I walked away.
Alright so now that I’ve educated you a little on Quentin Tarantino’s problematic af behaviour, and shared my little rant let’s get down t o the dirty details of this look;
I’m real late on this smoothie bowl trend. I blame pinterest. Seeing something over and over and over and over… I find it so off putting.
- 1/2 cup frozen berries
- 1/2 cup frozen mago
- 4 tbsp oats
- 1 cup rice milk
- 2 tbsp diced drie date
- 1/2 cup fresh strawberries
- 1 tbsp each pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, coconut flakes, and raisins
- drizzle of honey and sprinkle of chia seeds
Picked up a handful of Dior products while I was in Paris a few weeks ago. I’m a little obsessed with the liners, they’re great, but the mascara has fallen a little short of my expectations.
I’m loving how high end brands are finally keeping up with makeup trends rather than sticking strictly to classics.
The liners are smooth, highly pigmented, and have great staying power. The mascara however goes on this and clumps. It took a fair bit of brushing out with a clean spoolie to get a look I was happy with. Tarantula lashes aren’t for me. The colour payout is good though, so I won’t rate it too poorly.
Diorshow On Stage Liner 8/10
Diorshow Pump’N’Volume Mascara 7/10
My lovely friend, and loyal cat sitter Laura, recently went to Bath and brought me back a souvenir! Souvenirs you can eat are my favorite.
This was the first time I’ve had a ‘Bath Bun’, best to start with one of historical significance and import! Definately recommend a Sally Lunn Bun next time you find yourself in the historic town of Bath!