So we’re having a bit of a heat wave here in London so fashion become a bit of a struggle. Making sure an outfit is practical and comfortable while staying stylish is tough.
I spent the day running errand and volunteering at my local PDSA so I wanted something super simple so I went with a vintage tee and pyjama style bottoms! Can’t be more comfortable than the clothes you’d normally sleep in!
If you’re struggling trying to be comfortable and chic at the same time my hack is get dressed with only comfort in mind and then spend a little time with accessorising and makeup. I’ve only started to take accessories seriously, it’s hard but it’s worth it for sure! Took a page from style icon Rihanna, and did a white liner look, and paired it with a black lip to make it even more edgy. A little makeup and a pair of earring can take an outfit from slouchy to sleek with minimal effort.
Before I’ll get into the details of the outfit I want to say two things;
- the #metoo movement has come for Quentin Tarantino and thrown on spotlight on his bullshit; sauce sauce sauce. He’s appologised for some of this fuckery but that doesn’t mean it doesn’t happen.
- while I was on the high street, I had one of those terrible fundraisers approach me with ‘Great shirt!’ so I made eye contact and said ‘Sorry, I haven’t got time but good luck today.’ to which HE replied questioningly ‘Have you seen the film?’ and that kind of made me snap a little because the inherent misogyny(femme ppl don’t like action films) in that question. I turned on my heels, looked him dead in the eyes and said ‘Is a quarter pounder called a Royal with Cheese in France?’ and his eye kind of bugged out a bit as I walked away.
Alright so now that I’ve educated you a little on Quentin Tarantino’s problematic af behaviour, and shared my little rant let’s get down t o the dirty details of this look;
- Pulp Fiction tee, vintage/thrifted
- Uniqlo Relaco Pyjama Bottoms
- Earrings by ASOS
- Nyx White Liquid Liner and Nyx Butter Gloss in Blackberry Pie